Get set for thrills
In the air, water, or on land the Gold Coast has some of Australia’s most thrilling, heart pounding and breathtaking adventure experiences. If you’ve booked a holiday with us and you’re seeking to add some action and adventure to your trip, look no further. Here’s some of the best adventure activities on the Gold Coast.
- Dip your toe into the scuba diving waters with Cooly Dive. Their special half-day course for first time scuba divers will equip you with basic skills and knowledge before taking you out to the Cook Island Marine Reserve, where you’ll come face to face with green sea turtles, tropical fish and more.
- Double the adrenaline rush with this combined jetboat and helicopter experience! See more than 35km of gorgeous Gold Coast scenery and hold on tight as the jetboat performs power-brake stops, 360 degree spins, fishtails and more. Then, take a trip to the top of Q1 before a thrilling five-minute joyride in a helicopter, where you’ll see all the amazing sights of the coast laid out before you.
- Reach exhilarating new heights on the Treetop Challenge at Thunderbird Park, Mt Tamborine. With a variety of heights from two metres to 20 metres, more than 100 activities, and 11 flying foxes your day swinging from the treetops is sure to be unforgettable.
- Chase the ultimate rush with a tandem sky dive. Take off for your dive at the Coolangatta airport, located just minutes from Ocean Plaza Resort, and experience 50 heart pumping seconds of free fall before landing on Kirra Beach.
- Explore the Gold Coast on the back of a Harley Davidson. See the best views the Gold Coast has to offer from Surfers Paradise to Mt Tamborine and through the hinterland. Relax and enjoy this exciting and unique way to see the sights.
- If you’re looking for a gentler adventure for the kids try walking on water in the Ozwobble at RACV Pines Resort. Step inside a giant, transparent bubble and slip, slide and somersault on water without getting wet. Fun for the kids and funny for the parents to watch!
What’s on in Coolangatta in April?
With average high temperatures of 25 degrees Coolangatta is the place for a warm April escape. As always, there’s plenty to see and do on the Gold Coast with local festivals, sporting events and pop culture fun.
And, if you book before 30 May we’re offering special rates for week-long stays in our one and two bedroom apartments*. Just $949 for seven nights in a one bedroom apartment and $1099 for seven nights in a two bedroom apartment – book with us now to take advantage of this amazing value.
Anzac Day 100 year commemoration in Coolangatta
This year marks the 100th year of the landing at Gallipoli, and to commemorate special services are taking place all across the Gold Coast.
If you’re staying with us at Ocean Plaza Resort on Anzac Day there will be a dawn service at the Jack Evans Boat Harbour, which will include a re-enactment of the landing. The dawn service will start at 4.30am.
A service and parade will be held later in the morning at Goodwin Park, Coolangatta. You’re encouraged to start gathering at 10am for the 10.30am service. For more information see the City of Gold Coast website or call the Tweed Heads/Coolangatta RSL branch on (07) 5536 1164.
Surfer’s Paradise Festival
Free and fun, the Surfer’s Paradise Festival brings food, art, music, and amazing entertainment this school holidays and culminates in a massive fireworks display on the beach (3 – 18 April). Don’t miss heading to the Festival Pavilion to see amazing acrobatic acts, illusions, dance and the chance to participate in free music and photography workshops.
Supanova on the Gold Coast
Pop culture fans unite for two days of unbelievable costumes, comics, competitions and meeting mega stars at Supanova. From 17-19 April the Gold Coast Exhibition Centre will be overrun with excited fans meeting stars like Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future), James Cosmo (Game of Thrones) and George Takei (Star Trek).
Gold Coast Bulletin Fun Run
Lace up your sneakers the Gold Coast Bulletin Fun Run and half marathon is back for the fourth time on 26 April. A kids’ corner will keep little spectators entertained.
Cooly Rocks On coming soon!
Cooly Rocks On is only six weeks away so don’t forget to book with us before we sell out for this event that’s a firm Coolangatta favourite. From 29 May to 8 June Coolangatta takes a trip back to the 50s and 60s. You’ll see hundreds of vintage cars, retro fashion, swing dancing, entertainment, surf contests, street parades, displays, competition and craft stalls. It’s free to enter so get your engines revving, your shoes shined and get ready for a party not to be missed.
Stay at Ocean Plaza Resort and experience the best of the Gold Coast
Want a sensational Gold Coast adventure? Stay with us at Ocean Plaza Resort to enjoy our luxury self-contained accommodation and be close to all the best attractions of the Gold Coast. You’ll love the home-away-from-home feel of our one, two and three bedroom apartments and the chance to live beside some of Australia’s, and the world’s, best beaches. We’re here to help you enjoy your stay, so talk to us at our tour desk for advice on how to have an adventure holiday like no other!
Book now using the form to the right or call (07) 5536 9999.
*not available public holidays or school holidays
Image credit: Paradise Jet Boating